For Immediate Release January 14, 2016
RCMP Morinville - Theft of Mail and Mischief
On January 07, 2016, at approximately 11:45 PM, a lone male was observed breaking into mailboxes in the foyer of an apartment building situated on 103 Street, Morinville, Alberta. The male was described as tall, wearing jeans, and a white camouflage hoodie,. The suspect fled on foot after being spotted by a witness, ran to, and entered a newer dark colored Jeep SUV. The vehicle in question and fled North on 103 Street.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is encouraged to contact the Morinville RCMP Detachment at 780-939-4550 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Cst. Penny Gavin
Cpl. Daryl CHARRON
Safety tips to protect your mail
Morinville RCMP would like to remind the public to take pro-active measures in regards to safeguarding their personal mail.
There is an increase in mail theft during the Holiday season, as well as, during the income tax return period.
Canada Post delivers more than 9 billion pieces of mail to over 14 million addresses in Canada.
You can help reduce the chances of being a victim of mail theft by following a few simple tips.
- Pick up your mail on a daily basis or as often as you can.
- Make arrangements to have your mail picked up if you are leaving for an extended period of time.
- Keep your mailbox key in a safe place.
- Should you be going on holidays or be away for a lengthy period of time, notify Canada Post and they will hold your mail until your return.
- If you receive mail that does not belong to you, notify Canada Post and return the mail to them.
- Never send cash or cheques in the mail.
- If you observe any suspicious activities, call the Police
- If you notice damage to a mailbox, contact the Police and notify Canada Post.
Morinville RCMP encourages the residents to be vigilant and to contact Police to report suspicious activities.
This message is made possible by the Sturgeon Rural Crime Watch Association in partnership with the Morinville RCMP.
If you have any information in respect to this incident or know of any crime or criminal activity, please call the Morinville RCMP at 780-939-4550 or Toll Free at 780-459-7689.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 9-1-1.
Zone 9 Director
Please forward this message to your friends and neighbours and ask them to join SRCWA.
Note: If you are interested in subscribing to automatic email delivery of our messages please click on the link below to initiate your subscription to SRCWA email messages. It is a 2 step procedure. You will receive a return email asking you to verify your subscription request to complete your subscription.
Click on this line to subscribe >>>: Subscribe to Sturgeon Rural Crime Watch Message by Email