In the early evening of April 4th, 2016 Morinville RCMP responded to two break and enters into a residence in the rural area near the Town of Legal on Highway 651 and near the Town of Bon Accord on Range road 240.
Culprits entered the yards while occupants were away at work and proceeded to kick the front door in and steal various items within. These break ins occurred in the light of the day.
Please report any suspicious persons or vehicles to the police.
Residents are reminded of the following:
· Make sure your doors are locked when you leave your house.
· If you have an alarm system in your house, make sure it’s activated before you go to bed, and when you leave your residence.
· If you’re leaving on a vacation, ask a neighbor or family to check on your residence frequently, as this is deterrence for crime.
· If you have a gate at the front of your property that can be locked, lock it when you are away.
· Most citizens have a primary entrance that they use, make sure you are aware of all other points of entry to your house and keep them locked.
· Record serial numbers of electronic items so you can give that to police in case that item is stolen.
· If you have a shed or a garage on the property, make sure they are equipped with the proper locking devices.
Cpl Sheldon ROBB
This message is made possible by the Sturgeon Rural Crime Watch Association in partnership with the Morinville RCMP.
If you have any information in respect to this incident or know of any crime or criminal activity, please call the Morinville RCMP at 780-939-4550 or Toll Free at 780-459-7689.
IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 9-1-1.
Zone 9 Director